How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

How do i apply to bring my son who is under 18 to live with

Customer Question

how do i apply to bring my son who is under 18 to live with me permanently in uk
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How old is your son?

-Where and with who is he living?

-Are there any existing court orders in place, if so what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in England. My son is 17 years old and lives in Barbados
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No court orders
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's living with his mother
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Firstly, as he is in Barbados, it will be for them to deal with any court applications. However, it is likely that they may have a similar system to England and Wales, whereby courts do not get involved in children matters when the child reaches 16 years old, unless there are exceptional circumstances such as learning disabilities.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this how u apply . I am not happy with what u did for my 29 pounds .
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

As you are unable to do anything from the UK regarding this issue it will be for a colleague specialising in Barbados to assist you, therefore I will opt out.

Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


What nationality are you?