How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I would like to give my daughter the money from the sale of

This answer was rated:

I would like to give my daughter the money from the sale of my property to allow her to buy a house.I will continue to live in rented accomodation. I have been told that if I have to go into a care home that the money I give my daughter can be demanded by the council to pay for my care fees, is this true?

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I am afraid that it is basically correct.

The Council can refuse to fund your Care Home fees if they decide that you have intentionally deprived yourself assets

You can read more here

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you