How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My partner of 27 years owns 16% of our property. If I leave

This answer was rated:

My partner of 27 years owns 16% of our property. If I leave my share 84% to my children on death, does she have the right to continue living in our home as long as she wishes?

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are/were you married to each other?

-Is the property held as tenants in common in the above shares - therefore reflected on the title deed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot afford to pay more than £26 and would just like an answer to the one question. We will have a civil partnership and the land registry will reflect the details of our ownership

Thank you for confirming. As she is registered on the title she has a legal interest in the property and therefore a right to continue occupy it after your death.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you