How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34906
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How much child support should i pay my daughter is in full

Customer Question

how much child support should i pay my daughter is in full time work and this is an arrears they have told me to pay my wage is 300 take home pay my bills are 193 per week not included food or clothing the csa req me to pay 133 per week it seems to much and cant afford it im not saying i shouldnt pay anything but how much are they alloud to take
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

How old is your daughter and how much are the arrears

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello my daughter is 20 years old 21 29th jan they have not told me how much the arrears are they just sent me a letter demanding i pay £133 a week or they will take it out of my bank account
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How did the arrears arise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my daughter has been working for the last 3 years i give her money also im paying for her driving lessons i dont mind paying money back to them if i have to . but at a reasonable amount .i am told this is money i owe from years ago . i was not working then . but i am now self employed
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Have you asked for a copy of your CSA file and a breakdown of the arrears

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not got a copy of arrears breakdown
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

There are clearly substantial arrears.

The CSA are allowed to set a schedule that arranges for full payment within two years, but they can only take 40% of your net income - as it appears they intend to do.

You will need to write and ask for a full break down of the arrears so that you can consider other methods of payment.

You will also need to apply for a full copy of your file under the Freedom of Information Act (it will cost £10)

The onus is on you to prove that their calculations are wrong

You may find this group helpful

Please ask if you need further details