How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My divorce is on hold at the moment I need to seek out a new

This answer was rated:

Hi Harris. My divorce is on hold at the moment I need to seek out a new solicitor. My husband has moved out at last into another property. He still pays the mortgage. I am a low wage earner and we have a 14 year old. Am I entitled to support/maintenance to pay for food etc.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than 30 years.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much do you each earn and how much is the mortgage that he is paying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Clare, I earn £1,000 per month he earns £2,300 and the mortgage is just under £400.

How much time does the child spend with him?

How far has the divorce reached?

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

My apologies for the delay - I could not find this thread!

The two forms we discussed are here

This may also help