How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My ex partner recently was convicted of a wreck less act

This answer was rated:

My ex partner recently was convicted of a wreck less act towards my son. During court the judge asked if his parents still saw the children to which they responded yes the judge said this was great and to carry on doing so. He set no restraints so my ex could still contact me and my children. Now social services are involved and have told me to stop him and his parents seeing my children. I have stopped contact. But now they are threatening to take the children from me I have a meeting in two weeks about this. Someone has given me advice to go to the court and inform the judge of the social services actions. What can I do ?

Hi, thank you for your question. Social services can only remove your child by your agreement, a court order or into police protection and this can only be done if your child has suffered or is at risk of suffering harm.

What other concerns have they raised apart from the father?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing at all. I'm going to university in September to study bio medical science I'm 23 and own my own house car and caravan. My children are loved by everyone including their father and his parents. The s/w has twisted everything I have said to make things look worse than they are. I have a conference to attend on the 30th of this month and I have suffered with a brain injury at age 16 and suffer from depression on and off I'm scared that all the stress is going to have an effect on my health as well as studying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They want my mother to stay here 24/7 to keep an eye on me and report me if I let the children see their father to which the s/w then said officials will remove my children from my care

Thank you for confirming. Social services obviously have concerns about the father, however if you are making efforts and you prevent him seeing the children and there are no further concerns then they will have no grounds to attempt to remove the children.

In the circumstances, the best thing to do is to attend the meeting and see what they have to say, and in the meantime to continue your cessation of contact between you and the father, and between the father and the children.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you