How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My son has not been paying child support. After a court

This answer was rated:

My son has not been paying child support. After a court action a charge has been put on the family home by the csa. His ex partner in resident now wants to move on and sell the house and split the monies realised 50/50. I believe neither of them know of the charge. Can this stop the sale and them both from moving on.

Hi, thank you for your question.

The charge itself will not necessarily stop a sale happening, however, upon sale of the property the charge and any mortgage will need to be settled from the proceeds of sale and only then will the equity be released to them for sharing.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you