How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im married, have 3 year old. We have issues in marriage, at

Customer Question

Hello, Im married, have 3 year old. We have issues in marriage, at times he gets angry unreasonably - in my opinion - throws things, shouts on me in public, on small things, in front of child, once said that he would slap me. If I want to discuss it comes to all my fault and if he is angry then I deserve it. At the end he says, he did his work in marriage, this is his way of getting angry and if I dont change/behave/have issue or want to leave I will loose a child, he ll get it, he s been to lawyer and knows he can have her. (though all 3 years its been me with her at home).Is this behaviour ok? Is it threatening behaviour?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Do you wish to have a divorce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was thinking about it as I think we dont match and have different needs and I feel scared and ignored. But because of his threat ( to take the child) I stay, as I dont know if my case is strong enough or if my status would come in my favour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess my query is, is it ok for him to say this? He did things to better the marriage and I also do things wrong. But if I still dont feel well ( emotionaly dont think we are connected, im hurt by hom flirting online etc) so I cant leave? Am I the bad one here?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Please do not listen to what his says?

What is your immigration status?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EU citizen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wrong number, 078 not 9 please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are these ok reasons to apply for divorce? And is his behaviour controlling or I want to break a family for nothing?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Do you understand that a telephone call will cost you more?

What is your immigration status?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that.
Im EU citizen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says you not available for phone call, Im ok to discuss this online.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I can call id you woudl still like that

Alternatively we can deal with this in this forum

You certainly have good grounds for a divorce and there is no basis on which your ex can remove the child from your care.

If your ex physically threatens you you must report it to the police.

Please ask if you need further details