How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

We are adopting a child that is placed with us. We have got

Customer Question

Hi, we are adopting a child that is placed with us. We have got to know the birth mother very well who has made significant changes in her personal life since her daughter was put in care. We feel she should be reassessed for her parenting ability as we arenot comfortable to adopt if the child could be living with her. The social care team involved have refused to reassess her and she is going to oppose our adoption without any legal representation or assessment. Is there any way we can help her have a fair representation in court? As we love the child but don't want to adopt in this manner.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you willing to risk the child being removed from your care by Social Services?