How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Bcos of moving abroad my older children have decided to move

Customer Question

Bcos of moving abroad my older children have decided to move to their fathers house which he lives with his wife. Unfortunately the father is on business for a longer time abroad. So his wife will look for the children in the meantime until he is back. My question is: is she allowed to act on behalf of him for the children? Like medical care, application for schools...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old are the children?

-Who is caring for them when the father is away?

-Is/was he married to you or is he named on their birth certificate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the children are 14 and 11 years old. When the father is away his wife will caring for them.
We were not married, he is named on their birth certificate.
Hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. Without a court order, she does not have parental responsibility and therefore cannot act on his behalf for the children. As you have parental responsibility as the mother you are the one that should be taking charge of this.

Is there a court order in place?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.