How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a £1000 maintenance order against me in conjunction

This answer was rated:

I have a £1000 maintenance for life order against me in conjunction with my divorce to my wife in 2012. However my pension/ income finishes at age 60 years , and then I do not know how I will pay her.
If I go to court at age 60 and get the maintenance for life scrapped , can she take any the assets which were shared at the time of divorce
kind regards .

Hi, thank you for your question. I would imagine that the financial settlement dealt with the capital assets and these cannot be subject to variation.

In relation to the spousal maintenance, this can be varied due to your change of circumstances. You will need to apply to court using Form A and a £255 court fee to your family court. There will be further proceedings whereby your financial circumstance will be assessed and the court will decide whether the spousal maintenance should end or be varied.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you