How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Property owned as tenants in common. Husband died aged 72

Customer Question

Property owned as tenants in common. Husband died aged 72 after 23 yrs of marriage Widow had paid for her share of the house and still resides there. Deceased portion is left to three children - one is from deceased and widow and resides in said property. Other two of his four adult offspring from first marriage wish to force a sale of property still residence.
Under what terms can they do this. Deed of variance has been suggested and settlement
Could be made.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The will says payment should be made in two years. Two adult kids could contest. Does contention period have to be expired before anything done. Does third beneficiary have right to be informed of action of other two.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the exact wording of the Will regarding the property?

How much is the property worth