How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35039
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughters father died in an accident in 2004. There has

This answer was rated:

My daughters father died in an accident in 2004 . There has been an investigation into his new wife having the will signed after his death and witnessed. The case has been going on for nearly two years now being passed to different police officers.
Two witnesses came forward to say she asked them to sign it after his death.
They have done written statements
I do know that in 2004 his wife without a will would have been entitled to the home his personal belongings and first £125000
However he had a third party insurance paid out from the person who's fault it was.
Without a will would that have formed part of his estate ? The pay out was £400000 would this without a will have formed part of his estate?
If so would his two children have been entitled to anything ?
Look forward to hearing from you

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Whilst it is of course difficult tone certain without actually seeing any paperwork it is likely that the money would have formed part of the Estate and that accordingly your children would have received half of the balance after the first £125,000 - and would receive the balance when their step mother dies.

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you