How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am from Canada, and I am paying child support that are

Customer Question

I am from Canada, and I am paying child support for children that are biologically not mine. however after been brat before the Queens bench here in England to pay the arrears for the child-support. RecentlyI have found out that my ex's situation has changed; she remarried.
How can I motion (if this is what it's called) to inform the courts of the aforementioned so the child-support could change or stop?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

You will need to make the application to the Court in Canada to change/dismiss the Child Support.

The English courts can only deal with the enforcement

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Claire, are you able to help me with that?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Sorry - do you mean dealing with the Canadian courts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I am a Uk lawyer - you would need to ask the Canadian Law section for assistance with that I am afraid