How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My boyfriend has recently moved into my house and s divorce

This answer was rated:

My boyfriend has recently moved into my house and his divorce has not been finalised, he has been legally separated for 18 months and I met him in January of this year. His wife now wants him back and will not sign the divorce papers - Am I at risk financially at being brought into their divorce proceedings in 6 months time - I live in Jersey
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: my email address is***@******.***
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.

Hi, thank you for your question. You will not be at risk financially as the wife has no claim against you. If she pursued a financial relief application it can only be against her husband as part of the divorce.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you