How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a question but not sure which type of help I need? My

This answer was rated:

hello Pearl,
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I have a question but not sure which type of help I need ? My partner and I are Joint tenants of our house we live in. She has 3 children from 2 other Fathers who pay Maintenance for them. we are having a few relationship problems but I would like to know what my parental responsibilities to the children would be with regards ***** ***** they entitled to stay in the house if I have moved out? do I have to pay for them whilst we sell the house.
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

How old are the children

Are you married to your partner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi My Name is***** house has been valued at £475000.00
we have a £99,000 mortgage the rest was put in 50 -50 as Joint tenants
she has 3 Children one aged 19 , one aged 12 one aged 7
we are not married and I have no children only engaged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am told by her that she will be able to stay in the house as there is children evolved and that I will have to pay not sure of this but I would like some advice.

How much does a cheaper three bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare the typical house price for a 3 bed house is around £300,000

Are you aware that a phone call cost more?

In fact you are in no way financially liable for her children.

If you separate you certainly will not have to pay for her to remain in the property.

Your worst case scenario is that the sale will be delayed and you may have to wait for your share of the equity.

However given the figures and the fact that the children are not yours there is an excellent chance that a Court would still order an immediate sale if an applictaion is made.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was aware of the phone call cost thanks. You have put my mind at rest for now as you say I have no responsibilities financially towards her children.Thank you.

You are most welcome

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you