How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I would just like some advice on a contact order. My

This answer was rated:

Hello, I would just like some advice on a contact order. My daughter has a contact order that her ex sees their child every Wednesday and every other Saturday. The child cries every time she has to go but my daughter has to make her go. We have a family funeral coming up on a contact Saturday, My daughter has emailed her ex and told him this and asked if he can have her on the Sunday. He has refused this and said he don't care who died it is his day and that is that. If she attends the funeral and not contact will she be breaking the order?

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old is the child?

-How long has the arrangement and order been in place?

-Has the father kept to the terms of the order to date?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the child is 3
the order has been in place since November
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to work now but will be back at 1. 15 can I talk then please?

Thank you for confirming. Firstly, the order is there to be abided by so that it is in the child's best interests. Legally, the mother must make the child available for the arrangements as contained in the court order. If she does not then the father will have grounds to apply to court for enforcement of the order and the court will assess the circumstances that the order has not been complied with and whether the failure to comply was reasonable.

Furthermore, if the father has not been abiding by the court order then she should consider applying to court to vary the arrangements using form C100 and a £215 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you