How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

T know if you can help my sons girl friend left m and shes 8

This answer was rated:

hi don't know if you can help my sons girl friend left him and shes 8 months pregnant shes texting him saying he will never see the child neither will your parents he wants to have full custody of te child when born will he be able too!

Hi, thank you for your question. Are they in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is in bristol england she has gone to telford england
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son is in bristol england his girlfriend went back to telford englandd

Thanks for confirming. The child will have a right to a relationship with both parents and this can only be reasonably restricted if there are child protection concerns. Upon the birth of the child, if she refuses to agree to arrangements then I would suggest that he makes a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: The mediator will assist them both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the child's best interests. If mediation does not help, then he will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1.The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so really not a lot can be done till baby is born

Yes, that is correct. If you have any questions when the baby is born you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris

Just to add to the above in fact there is no reason why mediation cannot happen prior to the birth - in the last two months so that a court application can be made promptly if necessary.

Your son also needs to be realistic about what he requests.

Whilst the baby is tiny little and often is better - so an hour twice a week and building from there

If he does not wish to see the child in the home of his ex then a local contact centre on a Saturday would be a better bet