How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
Family Law
This answer was rated:

How much does a quitclaim deed cost, I was left half of my

parents house when my mam... Show More
parents house when my mam died so i want to put it in my wife's name.thanks
Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Who is the other owner and is there a mortgage on the property?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Other owner is my dad, and theres no mortgage on the house

Will he agree to the transfer - and why do you wish to do this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
he will agree, I have propertys and just worried in the future interest rates will go and will lose them and take my dad's house.

We have no Quit claim deeds in the UK

What you need is a TR1 available here

Transferring the property from the joint names of you and your father to the names of your father and your wife

You will then need to register this using an Ap1

You will also need these forms

Please ask if you need further details