How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1431
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My grandchildren are living with paternal grandparents due

This answer was rated:

My grandchildren are living with paternal grandparents due to a special guardianship order. I am not happy with some recent issues and I need some advise please.
(1) 2 of my children phoned me to say there is no food in the house and they were hungry, and
(2) I was under the impression my other some was going away for 2 weeks so I could not see him with my family for his and my birthdays. I have now found out that he is not going away but staying with his father who was part of the abusive relationship I was in, causing the SGO.
Please advise


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you today

Please may I ask:

- how old are your children?

- when was the SGO made?

- were contact orders made at the same time?


Would it be ok to call in 10 minutes?

Kind regards


ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please ring and speak to my daughter Natalie. The children are 14, 11 & 7. The order was made in November 2014. At the discretion of the paternal grandparents. One is fine but the other will never let us have him until he is 18 because she tried the same with her son's previous partner. He was a part of the abusive, drink and drug related relationship, and although he was not supposed to be living with his parents and his son, we believe that he has never moved out. My daughter is trying to give up drink with help from services and has even moved to the Isle of Wight in an attempt to control this and get her children back.

Thank you for the extra information.

I will call now.

Kind Regards