How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife and I have been devoiced now, and the arrangments by

This answer was rated:

Hi, my wife and I have been devoiced for years now, and the arrangments by court order and that my son lives with his mum,this was set in place when he was 5 years old, he is now 14, now my wife is telling him and the school that i am not to have any contact , not even to visit his school open evenings, this has only receanly come to light , when i requested a school photo,and they told me that my ex wife has told them there is a court order saying that i am to have no access, and that she is sole parent with wrights I have tried to speak to her aboult this but with no success, I belive this is not the case atall.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What contact do you have with your son?

have the school seen a copy of this"Order"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I will try to keep it bref, my son onigionaly was left with me, when my wife left to live with another man, I applied for custdy, this was granted, a year later my wife returned after the new relationship went wrong, she applied for custdy and joint was given, after that my relaionship with my son went down hill very fast, and i felt that to put it bluntly that she was doing her best to drive a wedg between us, in the end she was given custdy, and marcus said he did not want to see me, but the court said that Mum was to do her upmost to make sure that marcus was encourged to have good comuications with me, and that I was able to phone at a set time , to speak, but he is never advadiabel, my exwife has remarried and I belive that I am a part of her history that she wishes to forget, how ever I have always been in ***** *****fe.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I phoned the school who are going to look at the court order, if they have it. but mum has told them that she is only parent in charge and not to have any contact with me. I have challanged this with them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
contact with my son is non exsistent, only with my exwife , she always stated marcus does not want to speak .

When did you last see your son?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not seen my son for 3 years now, but have had weekly phone calls and paied all of my maintainance, been to his old school evenings, and sent gifts on a regulur bases. my whole family also has not seen him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry my phone call are always taken by ex wife, who states that marcus dose not want to speak to me.

There is no chance that the Order said that you no longer had Parental rights.

You should politely inform the school that there is no such Order, that you still have Parental Responsibility and that you are fully entitled to the information that you have


You may wish to consider making an applictaion for a Child Arrangement Order to discover what your son actually does want - rather than relying on what hi smother says.

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you