How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have 15 year old daughter and her father has a court order

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have 15 year old daughter and her father has a court order of no contact except letters. He has not sent a single letter for 7 years. We have an opportunity to emigrate to US and I have asked him if he could sign permission, he initially agreed but the started making conditions, texting my daughter horrible things. What can I do in this situation?

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

You should apply to the Court for "Leave to remove" your daughter from the UK

You can read more here

In the circumstances there is no doubt that the court will give permission

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just one question, the embassy told me I need to have sole custody, now I've read there are two types of custody here physical and legal. Do I have any of these with the court order of no contact I have already got? How do I approach this?

Ther eis no concept of Custody in the Uk any more - which is why you need either the consent of the father or an Order from the Court

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see, thank you very much for your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry just one more question, how long may it take to get this order?

In your case I would expect three to four months at most

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you