How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

How/can I apply of attorney and well being after my mum

This answer was rated:

How/can I apply for power of attorney for health and well being after my mum already has Alkhiemers??
I have poa for finance already but was told it was not needed for health!!

Hi, thank you for your question. If she has now lost mental capacity you will need to apply to the Court of Protection to become her deputy. This gives you similar powers to that of an attorney. The process of becoming a deputy is a lot more time-consuming and expensive than an Lasting Power of Attorney. A deputy must also do some things on an ongoing basis, such as paying an annual fee and submitting an annual report, so it is usually easier for someone to be an attorney rather than a deputy. You can read more about this and how to apply here:

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you