How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm due to get married in April next year I got given a

Customer Question

Hi I'm due to get married in April next year I got given a divorce paper but it's fake is there any way I can get a divorce quicker
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you in England or Wales? How long have you been married for?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I note than you were hoping to rely on Divorce paperwork which you now know to be false.

However in the Uk (any part of it) you still have time to complete the divorce process before next April in any event.

You will need your marriage certificate - or other evidence of your marriage if yours was not evidenced by a Certificate.

You will need the address of your ex or evidence that you have done everything possible to trace him.

With those you can start a divorce petition based either on the fact that you have lived apart for more than five years OR his Unreasonable behaviour if it has not been that long.

You can read more here

Please ask if you need further assistance