How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Its regarding the sale of my house Assistant: Thank you. Can

Customer Question

its regarding the sale of my house
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: well i divorced my wife(ex) 7 yrs ago,at the time she made a claim against my house,the one we both shared during our three yr marriage,but then took the claim back,after some family members got involved,im trying to sell the property but my solicotor says i cant go through with it till i have written consent from my ex,she wont do it,as shes just being spiteful,
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Customer: what can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-Are you in England or Wales?
-Was there a court approved financial settlement as part of the divorce, if so what were the terms?

-Has she remarried?
-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and proposed arrangements?
-What is the value of the property, and what is the outstanding mortgage?
-Who is now living in the property?
-Whose name is ***** ***** in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi there,no there are no children,i am in england,there was no financial settlement ,it was just a claim at that time which she verbally took back,she has remarried and has kids,the outstanding mortgage is 110,000
the property is let out at the moment
my sole name is ***** ***** deeds
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As the property is in your sole name and your wife has now remarried she is no longer entitled to make a financial relief claim against you and your assets - therefore you will be entitled to do what you wish with the property. If there is a matrimonial home rights notice registered by her on the title this no longer has effect as it only lasts up to divorce.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.