How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Last year my Ex took me to court arrangement order. Now we

This answer was rated:

Last year my Ex took me to court for child arrangement order. Now we have agreed dates as to when our daughter is with me and her father. My daughter lives with her father now but with the child arrAngement order does that take away my 'Parental rights'?
Also since the new order last year I'm.not happy with the order arrangement as expecting a baby and would like my daughter with me more. What is the best way to appealing against my own arrAngements I set last year?
Thanks Kelly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reason I agreed to contact order as he was accusing my husband as a threat / danger to my child and with 18 months involvement with social services and fighting againat false allegations it was making me very ill..My ex painted this awful picture of me and even though SS had no concerns of me they were unsure of my husband due to the alienation my Ex put against him. It was very difficult and unfair how we were treated .However due to being pregnant now I've had two meeting with my husband and SS and she up the intial case close and no police involvement etc they are just doing routine checks and show no concerns from my husband. So after the baby is here I thought It would be a good. Time to go back to court and appeal against the allegations made and hopefully by then we will have a SS report showing no concerns as well.. can anyone recommend the best solution?Kelly

Hi, thank you for your question. Firstly, parental responsibility is not lost by the granting of a child arrangement order and can only be lost if the child is adopted or a court discharges parental responsibility.

Secondly, you cannot "appeal" against the child arrangement order, however depending on whether you agree with your ex-partner or not, you can either apply by a consent order to change the arrangements and the court will approve the order. If there is no agreement by your ex-partner you will need to go through proceedings again. Either way, this must be done using form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the messAge. I'm aware I still have patental responsibility for my daughter but my question was do I still have 'PatentAl rights"? This is something my Ex tells me Ive lost since agreeing with the contact arrangement order or is there no difference to rights and responsibility? Hope I'm making sense?He is due to take her away to canada and hasn't told me yet where he Is going and I just need to know where I stand?Thanks

A contact or child arrangement order does not result in you losing your parental rights or parental responsibility.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he wouldn't be able to go away with my daughter without my consent then and even with me agreeing to the contact arrangement order if I were to have any concerns about my daughter and not happy with his decisions on my daughters future, can I intervine? Is that right?Thanks

If an order is in place you would need to apply for it to be varied if you have concerns and he would not be able to take her from you outside the arrangements specified in the order.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you