How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife has registered her boyfriend as the father of our

This answer was rated:

My wife has registered her boyfriend as the father of our baby to stop me from contacting the baby.I have been told i can apply to court for a dna testing to prove her boyfriend is not the father and i am but my wife and her boyfriend will not agree to the dna test. How can i make them do the test ? is there a way to get the court to make them take a dna test without their agreement ?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you certain that the baby is yours?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
without any doubt in my mind ,and i am willing to swear an oath to this in court as i am 100% sure and sure a DNA test will prove her new boyfriend is not the father..This is why my wife is un co-operative in access and in divorce and neither her or her partner will not agree to a DNA test .When our baby was born she did not register me as the father and a year after she added her boyfriend as the father,they both know i am the real father.

When did you last see the child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Over two years ago ,she won't let me see the baby .I have no way to see the baby now ,she did not register me as the father on the birth certificate as we were having problems then a year later she added her new boyfriend as the father and now I have no legal way as its become a civil matter and only way is to prove her boyfriend is not the father and that I am.I know a DNA test will prove this but so dies my wife hence she won't agree
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My only way is to persuade the court to order a DNA test as my wife and her boyfriend will not do this voluntarily.Is this possible and how ?

Are you actually still married?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I want is to see my child. For her to know I am her father .I applied for a divorce 2 years ago when she first denied access to my daughter and told me she registered her in her new partners name .when I applied for divorce she disappeared. 3 times the court allied for the DWP for a address ,3 times she moved soon after. She was served divorce papers on January this year but she disappeared again with our daughter ,now the boyfriend says he has not seen her or our child ,he won't answer any question regards ***** ***** a father. I am the father and all I want is to see my daughter

You are entitled to apply to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order.

This is done using a Form C100 and paying the fee of £215

Within that application there will be an Order for a DNA test.

You clearly know how to use the DWP to achieve service and the matter will be moved to a Court close to her.

You will of course have to pay for the DNA test I am afraid.

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you