How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My children aged 19, 21 and 22 live with their mother but

Customer Question

My children aged 19, 21 and 22 live with their mother but she has met someone and moving to America. She is selling the house and leaving them nothing. I have already met someone and living with her so we can't have my children. I have always paid CSA on time and never missed. Now that my children are older I don't have to pay anything however I have paid my ex wife which has contributed to looking after the kids and enabled her to live in a good house. But she is now selling up and leaving them nothing. Can she do this? Do my children have any rights to remain in the house?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What happened to the former matrimonial home?