How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My daughter has been in a controlling relationship number of

Customer Question

My daughter has been in a controlling relationship for a number of years ... she has finally seen through her husband & wants to part. He refuses to leave so she's worried that her & 5 children ( one of whom is disabled) will have to leave him in a 5 bedroomed house & find somewhere smaller & less suitable to live in.
Doesn't seem right to me!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children.

What income do she and her husband each have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The two eldest are from a previous marriage... 16 & 18
the 3 youngest are his 10 year old girl & 7 year old twins girl & boy ( he's disabled ..Williams Syndrome)
Daughter has no income beyond disability & child benefits.
He earns about £20,000.
He puts very little into the household finances
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Is there any physical violence involved?