How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1439
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have a residency order in place grandchild. I raised m

This answer was rated:

I have a residency order in place for a grandchild. I raised him for 10 years. He now in private fostering, placed by social services. Am I liable to make maintenance payments?


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you today.

I can confirm that whilst the residence order has conferred responsibility upon you - it does not make you liable for child maintenance if you are no longer caring for your grandchild.

To be liable for child maintenance you must be either:

  • biological parent, or
  • adoptive parent, or
  • legal parent and your child was born as a result of donor insemination, fertility treatment or surrogacy.

This is not the case for you.

Kind Regards


Please kindly remember to star rate our service

ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you