How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have a modest house, worth about £150,000 which I want to

Customer Question

I have a modest house, worth about £150,000 which I want to give to my son but continue to live here and continue to pay the small existing mortgage.
What could be the financial and legal implications for him please? - I am a retired oap on state pension only. My son has a home of his own and a good job as an airline captain with Easy Jet.
He was left half the value of the value of this (my home) house in my father's will in 1994 and I just want to 'tidy things up' as I get older.
Many thanks
Gail Woolfenden
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

May I ask how old you are?