How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have been rewarded a sum of money ON THE SALE of the house

This answer was rated:

I have been rewarded a sum of money ON THE SALE of the house in 2010. Now the house is finally sold, how do I go about getting these monies? My ex has been bullying me to sign this sum to him ever since the court order, so I wouldn't like to relive this experience...
Is there any way to discuss that in civilised surroundings, or with a mediator, please?

Hi, thank you for your question. Was this award approved in a court order and is the property in sole or joint names?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a court order, stating the arrangement. Case No SE09D00109 (amended to 65Z)
The property was in my ex-husband's name only.

Are you able to attach the order here using the paperclip icon? A photo of the order attached would be helpful if you do not have it stored on your computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, took my time scanning and ordering...

Thank you. Has she paid the £15,000 due by 31 August 2010?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's HE. Yes, he did, as per paperwork provided,

Apologies. as the property is in his sole name, the money will be released directly to him upon completion and you should write a formal letter to him requesting settlement of the £10,000 upon completion of the sale. If this does not happen, unfortunately you would need to apply to court using form D11 and a £155 court fee to implement that term of the order.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!