How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Dear lawer 9 months ago i lied about my husband, i said he

Customer Question

hi dear lawer
9 months ago i lied about my husband , i said he put a knife on my neak and he just try to have a sex with me and because i have 3 year old child the social worker has been involved, but after 3 months they just let him back to family home but after 2 months my husband said he wiil cut my tongue out and i just told my social worker , and after afee days they came with police officer and asked him to go out and thet put us for plo meeting and after i had to get a soliciter and he sait you have to divorce from your husband if you dont do it they will take your son from your hand. i went for divorce but it just take afew weeks to happen, i just want to know after 9 months if i just tell my social worker i lied whats gonna happen? are they gonna thake my son away from my hand? please help me i dont know what to do, i cant sleep because of my lies
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. What are social service's current involvement and is your husband now living with you or have you formally separated?

Also, was the second allegation of your husband threatening you true?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes he living out of family house and the sw they just put me fot 1 year non moletationorder for no contact, yes the second one was true
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my social worker and his team they just put lots of Pressure for every thing and even for a divorce, for example the always saying that if we find out about the any contact betwen you and your husband we will go to court to take a removal order of your son
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello why you dont answer?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Apologies for the delay in responding. Given that your initially false allegation is superseded by an actual incident that took place, and since then you have obtained a non-molestation order the local authority will unlikely take any action against you however, if you were to disclose that the initial allegation is untrue they will refer to this in any reports they prepare and will be used against you to show that your are dishonest and untrustworthy. Nonetheless, it appears that the right course of action has been pursued in that you and the children are now protected given that your ex-husband appears to have been a risk to you.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.