How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want to appeal a final order by a Recorder in the central

This answer was rated:

I want to appeal a final order by a Recorder in the central london family court. What is the exact appeals centre where I need to file the appeal?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What ground will you be using and did you ask for Permission to Appeal at the end of the hearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Grounds:Error of fact x 3
Error in discretion x3
Unjust - no opportunity to make submission - and no adherence to FPR 29.7I did ask for permission to appeal - was deniedI believe that I therefore need to appeal to the central court of appeal - strand - but as it will be heard by a high court judge I am unclear on whether to ticj the court of appeals part of N161 or the county court/high court part

You will need to appeal the refusal of leave to appeal first.

having said that it is a formal technicality as you will need to provide your grounds for the actual appeal at the same time

The rules are here

Looking at the N161 you use the Court of Appeal checklist on page 7.

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you