How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Subject: - parental rights for separated parents of a child

This answer was rated:

Subject: - parental rights for separated parents of a child under 2 years old.
Can the mother of the child take the child away on holiday abroad to Eastern Europe for 4 weeks maximum against the father's wishes?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Is the father named on the Birth Certificates and are there any Court orders in existance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am enquiring on behalf of a friend. As far as I'm aware, the father is named on the child's birth certificate and there are no existing Court Orders

Why does the father object

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For no particular reason other than being difficult. However, one could also assume he will say he's afraid the mother will not come back with the child.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you still there?

Legally neither parent can take the child out of the Uk without the agreement of the other party or an Order from the Court.

The father can apply to the courts for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the trip - although he will have to give a good reason for his objection

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your clarification of this matter. It is very helpful. I will inform my friend, and hopefully she and the child's fayher can come to an amicable compromise.

I hope all goes well