How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Having Divorced 5years ago I was somewhat surprised to

Customer Question

Having Divorced 5years ago I was somewhat surprised to receive nullity of marriage certificate from Armagh Inter-Diocesan Marriage Tribunal who were requested to investigate the marriage of myself , Roger Anderson to Mary McKenna, and to consider the libellus presented by her to the Tribunal. According to the Tribunal this is entirelly a church matter and has noreference whatever to civil law or to matters affecting the status of the parties or children, etc of the marriage. They have enclosed a reply form and wish me to return it before 17th August 2016.
I would be very grateful having payed the necessary few if you could forward advice to me regarding regarding the above mentioned and if there is any other information required please do not hesitate to e-mail me.
Thankyou for your professional assistance and I look forward to your favourable reply,
Yours sincerely,
Roger Anderson
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What do you wish to know about this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I stand Legally on this as she is saying that she was unable to assume the essential obligations of marriage due to the fact that I had suffered a serious Head-Injury in August '86. From this Head-Injury she made out that I developed subtle controlling behaviour, which I can inform you was further from the truth. The Magistrate however ruled in her favour and I know have a criminal record. I know have a Respondent Citation Reply Form to fill in and they have informed me that in the case of no response to this citation I will be declared Absent by the Court. Can you therefore give me advise on how I should proceed with this issue considering the fact that if I sign the above mentioned form in return I would like to be able to have contact with my kids ,who I have not spoken too in the last 5years.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

This is about a Religious Court - nothing to do with the Civil legal system.

Your ex wife wishes to remarry in church so needs to go through the church process which may allow her to do so

You are free to ignore it completely - or to give your response - it doe snot change your position in any way whatsoever

I am afraid that the issue of your ocntact with the children is an entirely separate one and again this procedure in no ways changes that.

So ignore it or give your side of the story - it is your choice

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you Clare for your advice it was gratefully received. After ringing the Reverend involved with the case I'am now up to speed on the matter and you were correct in your interpretation of Church Law. So Thanks, ***** ***** Roger.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well for you in the future

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again Clarence it's much appreciated. Roger
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.