How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Solicitors, Further to our recent correspondence I have now

This answer was rated:

Good Morning Harris solicitors,Further to our recent correspondence I have now received a letter from my ex-partner`s legal representative accusing my mother and I of verbal abuse and threatening behaviour which have involved officers from the local constabulary attending .As this is news to me I have arranged to speak with a local solicitor to discuss the letter in person,but as this is not until next Tuesday I have prepared an email to my ex-partner asking for the time,date and the officer`s name along with copies of the apparently abusive texts to be forwarded to myself so the solicitor and I may discuss the matter during the appointment- should I send the email to my ex-partner asking for these details or is it prudent to hold off until my meeting on Tuesday?Also her solicitor has stated that I do in fact need to provide 4 days notice of any visits to my house and provide information of when and where my children will be during our time together this is contrary to the advise offered previously by yourself-is that correct and legal ?
many thanks
Alistair Dowds

Thanks for your further question. Given the appointment is on Tuesday I would suggest you do not formally respond yourself and await for your local solicitors to advise and prepare a response for you.

In relation to what her solicitors are stating - they are not asking for 4 days notice when visiting the home, only for you to inform her so that her and the children are not at the property. The 4 days notice is in relation to their proposals regarding the child arrangements and they are seeking 4 days notice prior to contact taking place. Given she is agreeing to allow overnight and community contact, it would indicate she has no child protection concerns and as previously informed you should be entitled to spend your time with the children where and however you wish without her being involved. I would suggest you speak further to your local solicitors about this as it may be seen as controlling by her.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you