How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

In January 2013 I had a nervous breakdown as I was being

Customer Question

In January 2013 I had a nervous breakdown as I was being bullied at work and my partner of 12 years left me and the family home and went to court to get a residency order for our 7 year old daughter as my health concerned her.
I had no recollection of these events given the state of my health at the time but apparently to avoid going to court I agreed to residency being given to my partner.
A few months later we got back together and have lived happily together back in the family home for the past 3 years. Unfortunately, my partner has walked out again (no health issues this time) and is now claiming that as she was given residency 3 years ago (despite us living together for the past 3 years) that she now has custody and it is down to her what access I have and if I don't like it then I have to go to court
Does that residency order carry any weight still given we have been living together for 16 years (10 with our daughter) and only a few months apart whilst I recovered from a breakdown?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you able to attach the court order using the paperclip icon please?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.