How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I own a property mortgage free which I live in at weekends

This answer was rated:

I own a property mortgage free which I live in at weekends and my sister lives there permanently. During the week I live in rented accommodation with my partner. Which should I use as my legal address?
Many thanks

Hi, thank you for your question. What is the purpose of deciding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possibly in the future, mortgaging the house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I don't know why this is family law, I thought I clicked on property law, apologies

That's fine. However, whichever you disclose as your main residence will not impact mortgaging the home as you have a legal interest in the home as you own it.

It is usual for your main residence to be the place where your utility bills are registered to and to which you are registered on the electoral register.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you