How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK solicitor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Age 55 Yrs. I want to settle in UK with my family. What

This answer was rated:

I am Pakistan National Age 55 Yrs. I want to settle in UK with my family. What Options Do I have?


What nationality is your wife please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your reply.

I assume that you do not have access to £200, 000.00 gbp for the purpose of investment in a UK business.

Therefore the most likely visa that you would have to apply for if you wished to come to the UK to work would be a Tier 2 general visa:

This is a visa whereby you are offered a job by an employer who is licened to sponsor migrants to come to the UK to work.

The job would normally have to be on the jobs in shortage occupation list:

If the job was not on that list then the employer would have to show that it can pass the "resident labour test" in that there are no members of the UK resident workforce willing and able to fill the role at the salary offered.

If you are able to secure such a job offer then you would also have to check that you meet the eligibility criterai:

If you did then you could apply for this visa and could come to the UK to work in the role and then eventually apply for "indefinite leave to remain" after 5 yeasr on this visa so that you could stay permanently without applying for any more visas.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have an access over 200,000 GBP. I have over 20 yrs experience of running industrial and rigging hardware supply business independently. I enjoy knowledge and reputation with worldwide manufacturers in above mentioned field and I am fully capble of setting up business of international standard in any suitable part of United Kingdom.

If you have more than £200,000 available for investment into a UK business, which you will then run then this opens up another Visa option for you.

The Visa option that you could potentially apply for is a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. This is where you propose to invest £200,000 in a business plan which you have devised for a Company which will trade in the UK.

Although this is obviously your money at risk this is a suitable Visa option for you and it does lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years or potentially three if business has gone well and you have employed a number of resident labour force to work in the business.

The link for this is here:

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I prceed tier 1 enterpreneur visa. Will you recomend me a lawyer how can proceed with my requirements


You need to instruct a UK solicitor practising immigration law to guide you through the process. I cannot give recommendations under the conditions of this site unfortunately.