How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I was Poa for my mum who passed away today, I understand

This answer was rated:

I was Poa for my mum who passed away today, I understand that my LPA for health and for finances ends on her death. Mum didn't leave a Will, I am the eldest of her three daughters. What happens now? Will I need to provide accounts details to the solicitor who is appointed to administer mum's estate?

Thank you for your question. I am sorry for your loss. The position is that details of your mum's assets and any liabilities should be provided to the solicitor chosen not wind up the estate. As there is no will there is no executor so an application to the court for an administrator to be appointed. That can be any one of you or your sisters. Assuming there is no issue between you, it doesn't matter which. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.