How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm on tier 2 visa. Got married to a Pakistani girl. She

This answer was rated:

I'm on tier 2 visa. Got married to a Pakistani girl. She relocated from Pakistan on tier 2 sponsored visa. I'm getting my ILR next month. She is not eligible for one her ILR for another year. I'm thinking of buying first house. My concern is if the relationship ever turned sour, will she have a claim in the house or any of my other assets of she is only my dependent and will probably have to retuned to Pakistan when we do part ways. I got married in Pakistan.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Since she is your wife she already has a financial claim on you and your assets.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can she make those claims in UK even though she is a Pakistani Citizen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just to make it clear she cannot get her ILR for another five years

I am afraid that that does not change anything - her nationality and immigration status do not affect the position

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you advice getting a postnup
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you assist in drafting one

You can certainly look into having one - but it is best dealt with by seeing a solicitor face to face - and your wife will need to have separate legal advice (also face to face)

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you