How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35043
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My cousin came to the UK a few months ago on a spouse visa.

Customer Question

My cousin came to the UK a few months ago on a spouse visa. She is experiencing domestic abuse and wishes to leave the relationship ie divorce. She married in Sudan under Sharia law. What would her immigration status be in the UK if she were to divorce her husband under Sharia law or civil law?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information to fully assist you:

-Is she in England or wales?

-How long has she been here for?

-Do they have children together, if so what are their ages?

-How long have they been married?

-Where did they get married?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

There are special immigration provisions in place for spouses who are subject to Domestic Violence and she will not necessarily be forced to leave if her marriage ends

She can read more here

Alternatively she can contact this Charity

who will give her assistance

Please ask if you need further details