How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I found out I'm pregnant. My partner has now left me and

This answer was rated:

I found out I'm pregnant . My partner has now left me and wants nothing to do with the baby. Can I still get him to support the child even though he is refusing to be on the birth certificate.

Hi, thank you for your question. When the child is born you will be able to pursue an application for child maintenance through the Child Maintenance Service. This amount will be calculated based on his gross income. You can see more information on this here: and you should consider pursuing this when your child is born.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you