How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My daughters money comes from a private family trust in NZ.

Customer Question

My daughters money comes from a private family trust in NZ. She has lived in the UK for 26yrs & is a British Citizen. A small portion of my money is from my deceased husbands Will Trust for my use until remarriage or I die. My daughters NZ Trustees want her protection from the Will Trust taking advantage of the house we are renovating together should we sell or I die. I certainly want protection on the same account in that my husbands children don't take advantage or profit from our house should I sell, remarry or die. This was my money initially even though he told his Lawyer as his brain tumour advanced that we had 50/50 share of all monies......this was sadly not correct. What steps are necessary to take to protect from unwanted scenes getting tricky?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about the background to the question please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I expect as my enquiry is still not answered and i asked to speck to you, the additional £44 is not on top of the £38 taken out of my Bank account on August 12?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It should read "speak to you" I must add I do not want to pay £44 on top of the £38 paid already. It may mean it's better to have a visit to you office which could be more effective?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

We are a question and answer forum.

I am willing to speak to you but would like a little more details first so that I can understand the position