How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Me and my partner have split and have a 3 months old we hve

This answer was rated:

Me and my partner have split and have a 3 months old we hve agreed days and times. The father is meant to be having my son until 5pm tonight but has said he's not bringing him back till tomorrow. I need advice on what action I can take. My son is breast fed and I've only expressed enough bottles for lastnight and today.
Please help

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more ok information required to fully assist you:

-Are you both in England or Wales?

-Is the father on the birth certificate?

-Are there any court orders in place regarding the arrangements?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're in England
Yes he is
Not as yet but have got an appointment with the solicitors Monday to get it in place.
He has been threatening me, said things that he would do to my baby when he was younger and crying and have had to get the police involved and a domestic abuse helpline

Thanks for confirming. What he is doing is not in the child's best interests and you should immediately point this out to him. Unfortunately as there is no court order in place and this is a family matter the police will not assist. If the baby is not being bottle fed, are you able to provide further breast milk to avoid an incident in you trying to get him back today?

You can then proceed next week for an urgent order regarding arrangements due to the father's conduct this weekend.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you