How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am from Yemen and my husband is English, we have been

This answer was rated:

hi there, I am from Yemen and my husband is English, we have been living together for since 2007 and got married three years ago and have a 6 years old son, we live now in Greece for the last 5 years and in Dubai before that. i want to divorce but I don't want o go to a Greek court as we don't speak Greek , is there a way to divorce in the UK

Hi, thanks for your question. Unfortunately you will only be able to pursue a divorce if either of you live in England or Wales. If neither of you live in England, the courts will not accept jurisdiction for an application for divorce.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for but if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you