How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My friend recently got married. As she owns a property and

This answer was rated:

My friend recently got married. As she owns a property and her husband doesn't, she wants to ask if she could draft a 'treaty' between her husband and herself, witnessed by her friends, saying 'if they divorce, her husband can't lay hands on her property'? Is this treaty legal?

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

No I m afraid that this would not be enforceable

What she needs is a Post Nuptial Agreement signed by both of them - after they have had separate legal advice

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you