How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want start with the family mediation programs to get

Customer Question

i want start with the family mediation programs to get contact with my wife who disappeared with my two children for 3 weeks now do you thing the family mediation can help me to get in touch with my family and how much cost this procedure
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. The family mediator will noy be able to find her to make contact with her but you can use a service such as a tracing agent to find where she is. Once you have found where ahe is you can provide these details to the family mediator who will discuss mediation with her.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Solicitor for more than 30 years.

Using a tracing Agent in these circumstances is unwise as it can lead accusations of abuse.

You should check with Social Services if they are aware of her whereabouts - and ask the Police to do a "safe and well" check on the children.

If you do wish to use Family Mediation get then to write via a family member.

If that is not possible then the way forward is to make a formal application to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order - using a form C100 and paying the fee of £215.

In addition - using a for C2 you ask the court to Order the DWP to tell THE COURT where she is for service.

Please ask if you need further details