How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Re: in the event of a marriage separation [>10yrs) i need to

Customer Question

Re: in the event of a marriage separation [>10yrs) i need to know the name of the documentation that i could sign now that would cement me keeping my assets that I brought to the marriage before living together and then getting married. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Are you in England or Wales?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

The only document that will achieve this is a "Post Nuptial Agreement"

This will need to be signed by both parties to the marriage AFTER there has been full financial disclosure and both parties have received independent face to face legal advice.

Please ask if you need further details